Trader Vic's Mai Tai lounge is a refreshing oasis of tropicalness in the humdrum restaurants/ diners we usually go to. In two locations, in Mumbai (Phoenix market - Kurla and Phoenix mills - Lower Parel), Mai Tai has launched its new "Sensational Sliders" Menu from the 24th of February to the 23rd of March. This Tiki - inspired rendition of flavors in tasty bite - sized sliders is their new introduction. A few varieties of sliders were already a part of their usual menu. According to the manager, the sliders are pretty popular because they are quick eats and can be had on the go.
The Veggie Selection included-
- Beetroot & Brown Slider - a beetroot and brown rice patty, gherkins & chili garlic aioli which was mild tasting, but wasn't distinctly beetroot-y. A twist in the form of toast circles being used instead of bread buns to encase the patty. The toast circles were a little too oily for my liking. The chili garlic aioli was the star of the dish.
- The Falafel Pita Slider- It has a chickpea & spinach patty, yogurt aioli & grilled pita. Instead of the bun, pita triangles are the encasing used. This one here, was a burst of flavors. Slightly on the spicier side. And the substitution of chickpea instead of the garbanzo beans made the patty really smooth and dense, and the spinach gave the much needed texture.
- The Cottage Cheese and & Olive Tapenade Slider - Cottage Cheese Steak, Jerk Marinade & Olive Tapenade. This one was my favourite by far. The cottage cheese was soft, and absolutely fresh. Ajay Samtani - who is the assistant Kitchen manager revealed that the secret to the super succulent patty was the fact that it was stewed in tomato juice. The olive tapenade was the perfect accompaniment.
Chef Ajay obliged us with a nice picture
The Non - veggie Menu included -
- Italian Herb & Chicken Slider
- Jalapeno & Olive Chicken Slider
- Thai Fish Cake Slider
- Chili & Lime Fish Slider
- Black Bean & Prawn Slider
- Cubanitos Slider
A special mention to the staff at Mai Tai (Pheonix Market City - Kurla). The service was brilliant. Extremely helpful and courteous staff. 10/ 10 for the service.
Go check their super sliders menu. You wont be disappointed.
Until next time,